Welcome to Helsinki
The global sawn softwood trade is experiencing major challenges in the midst deteriorating global growth, natural disasters resulting in oversupply of defected logs, protectionism and increasing political tensions. However, the fundamentals of softwood demand are still sound. Increasing population and climate change mitigation are promoting the consumption of wood coming from sustainable sources.
Finland is the fourth largest softwood exporter in the world. Despite of our long traditions within the forest industries, our forests have more wood and they grow faster than ever. The forest industries are, again, the backbone of the Finnish economy.
How does the new Finnish Parliament see the future of the forest industries? How do the activities related to climate change mitigation affect the Finnish Sawmills? Will Finnish Sawmills lean on Asia also in the future?
Welcome to the 18th Wood from Finland Conference on the 13th of February 2020 to hear the latest outlook and views of the trade and enjoy the international relaxed atmosphere in Helsinki.
Kai Merivuori, Managing Director
Finnish Sawmills Association
8.00 COFFEE AND REGISTERATION, Congress Hall
Finnish Sawmill Industry Update
Kai Merivuori, Managing Director, Finnish Sawmills
Finnish Rawmaterial Outlook
Global softwood trade Outlook
Thorsten Leicht, Pöyry Management Consulting
Market Outlook / Japan
Kimihiro Yazawa, Managing Director, Polus-Tec Helsinki Ltd
Market Outlook / China
Anna Ni, Business Finland / Wood From Finland
Market Outlook 3
Event of the year
Year 2019 event was sold out so make sure you’ll not miss out 2020 conference. Sign up today!
(358) 20 779 0960
Stay at Scandic Paasi
Terms and discount
- you get the discount whenever there is availability at the hotel
- for up to 9 rooms, when company does not have corporate agreement with Scandic hotels
- reservation can be changed and cancelled up until 6pm on the arrival day
- rate includes buffet breakfast, wireless internet and the use of hotel gym
- entitles to Scandic Friends benefits and collect loyalty points as usual
Room reservations with customer number D000029097
- choose the hotel, date and room category
- write to Special requests field to which event you are attending to at Paasitorni
2) Directly from the hotel (details below)
3) From Scandic central reservation and customer service tel +358 (0) 200 818 00
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us, we will be delighted to help!
Sign up today to ensure your participation at Wood From Finland Conference.
Agents, Importers and Buyers 170€ + VAT 24%
Members of Finnish Sawmills 220€ + VAT 24%
Other 270€ + VAT 24%